Friday, 2024-Apr-19, 9:06 PM
TurtleTalk
ForumHOMEProfile LOGIN Contact us
Welcome, Guest ยท RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
CSBP » Guest Veiw Topics - To see private/hidden TurtleTalk forum You Must Login » Venues considered -musings from original group » UBC March 2009
UBC March 2009
TurtleTalkDate: Thursday, 2009-Oct-29, 3:11 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Administrators
May 2009 long weekend she can't do it, but I think other weekends are okay.
Playing around last night (#112) I was surprised. The suites were less before high season.
The 5 bdrm for 7 people max -Gage towers after May was close to the pp rate for the West Coast suite for 4 before May 15.
I would like to see the Museum too. I see the scouting missions as exactly that. Checking out the grounds, available activities and points of interest. Meals would depend on how many people want to go. I'm a little out of the reality loop, but I'd think that we could get a bit of a break with a predetermined menu.
As far as programs go in general, this is where my oppinion will differ. Please don't get me wrong. I know we have to have planned activites available. My belief is that it's not about the program. It's the gathering and bringing people together. Its okay to have free blocks in the schedule. They just need to be labelled free time in the ___room. You never know what people will come up with. I know what I envision for workshops, but I have no idea what was done in
the past. I will do whatever I can pre event, but I am incapable of playing a role when its actually happening. Don't think I'm all talk and no action after the fact. I'm letting you all know in advance I function best in the queit of the night. You can't count on me when things are happening.
There were grumblings after Naramata. Maybe part of our advertising could have a request for people wanting to present a workshop project.

TurtleTalkDate: Thursday, 2009-Oct-29, 3:12 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Here's what I found out today march 26
Gage towers have no accessible rooms
May 10- Aug 25
5bdrm $279
Marine Dr studio apts
May 10 - Aug 22
2 accessible studio $99 - $129
4 single bedrooms + 2 bath apt $49 - $56 pp
these are rented by the room so we would want to occupy (or pay
for) all 4 rooms or it could be rented by someone else.
Group bookings for min 13 rooms
Catering is usually 150+ and I need to call separately
Westcoast
King in bdrm and dbl pullout
Accessible has Queen
$129 dbl occ. +$20 pp $169 for 4 until end of April $239
after

TurtleTalkDate: Thursday, 2009-Oct-29, 3:17 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
I did a bit more investigating into UBC option. (Pondering a scouting mission)
Interesting. The rate they gave me for the Westcoast suites was $159 + $20 PP maximum 4 to a room 1 king in bedroom 1 pullout in living room. There are only 2 accessible suites with a Queen instead of a King

The regular suites do not have grab bars for the tub/shower. I asked for the rate of $129 +20pp I saw on the internet. He couldn't match the price over the phone. That rate would have to be booked on line and I could request an accessible suite. I explained accessibility was a necessity and not a request so it would need to be confirmed. He said if I requested it I should get it. If I wasn't comfortable with that then I would need to book over the phone.
Also, Gage Towers is totally booked for the summer. That's where the $50 rooms are 5 sg 1 dbl = 7 to a suite and the whole suite needs to be filled. Again they said no accessible suites so it will be interesting hear about your friend, Martha.
Front desk people don't know what each room looks like and we don't know if whoever they are asking knows for sure either. Unfortunately we need assurance that these things are in place for those that need it.

TurtleTalkDate: Thursday, 2009-Oct-29, 3:22 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
I decided to nix scouting UBC.
The low rates end in April. There were only 2 weekends with accessible suites.
The lowest rate was online 4 people for $169.
I'm not confident in requesting an accessible suite online with my credit card.
As I said, he would only confirm it if I booked over the phone for $199.
Chances are if I booked immediately after I hung up we would have got it, but there was no guarantee.
Plus we are already working within the 30 day cancellation.

CSBP » Guest Veiw Topics - To see private/hidden TurtleTalk forum You Must Login » Venues considered -musings from original group » UBC March 2009
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: